Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ruchi Prasad

Shoes
The concept of having too many shoes never made sense to me. Don’t think i’m shallow. I’m just saying that a girl can never have enough shoes. I use the word ‘shoe’ loosely, more like the word footwear.
Shoes are actually meant to protect the foot, but we see it more as a fashion statement. The shape or design of a shoe has varied through the years based on the prevailing fashion. Shoes can be really cheap like the ones one might in front of Osho Ashram for Rs. 50 to Manolo Blahniks for thousands of dollars. I’m not saying one should be a Carrie Bradshaw and live in a hole in Manhattan and wear Jimmy Choos. But a fair mixture of cheap chappals, some colourful sandals, couple of kitten heels and some crazy high heels. 
Why is a shoe important to a woman? The same reason a car is important to a boy. Yes, I agree a car can be used to travel in by more than just the owner and it is an investment. But shoes are an investment too. It makes a woman feel good. No matter how sad I feel, and no matter how shallow you think I am for saying this, a bad day can always be fixed by putting on a pair of heels. Shoes are like little saviours in a rainbow of colours which add happiness to everyday life. Wearing a pair of heels  gives the same high a boy feels when he drives his very own red Ferrari.
Most boys won’t agree. Most people think this article is written by a shallow person who looks in the mirror all day. But I’ll tell you one thing, as a boy if you ask a close friend who is a girl how many shoes she has and divide that number by two and subtract three that is the minimum number of shoes you should own. Last I checked, I had nineteen shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment